All Branches & Bookmobile are CLOSED until further notice, due to COVID-19 health concerns.
This includes meeting rooms and future meeting room reservations.
Please NO Book drops or donations, and fines are waived during this time. Thank you!
Click here for more information & resources
Databases & Magazines
- Children who are bilingual grow up to be adults who can successfully compete in our expanding global economy. For over 30 years, MUZZY BBC has been the #1 language acquisition course for young children. Readers, and non-readers, learn a second language through the same natural immersive method they used when learning their mother tongue.
- Search full-text current and archived local and state articles on issues, events, people, government and more including the Bay Times (8/2/06-Current), The Capital (1/1/02-Current), Dorchester Star (6/30/06-Current), Kent County News (11/30/06-Current), Record Observer (8/4/06-Current) , Star Democrat (11/16/05-Current), Sunday Star (11/13/05-Current), Times Record (8/2/06-Current) and the Crisfield - Somerset County Times (1/3/07-Current).
- Short, simple tutorials for a variety of library services including databases, streaming resources, and software. Available 24/7 when in-person assistance isn’t readily available!
- Looking for a good book? NoveList Plus has reading recommendations for both fiction and nonfiction, for all ages. NoveList's expertise in books and reading means that you'll always get the best help for finding just the right books.
- Download digital audiobooks and eBooks.
- This online education resource provides everything a student needs to learn more about further education and assists in making informed decisions on their future from one single, handy database. Testing & Education Reference Center also features interactive online practice tests for preparatory examinations including entrance exams and certification and licensing tests. Some of the standardized tests included are: AP exam, SAT, GRE, civil service exams for places of employment like the U.S. Post Office, NCLEX for nurses, real estate, military, PRAXIS for teachers, and GED. In addition to the standardized tests, this resource offers online information about private high schools, colleges and universities, graduate schools, and specialty schools.