Databases & Magazines
- An online language-learning system teaching conversational skills with four areas of learning: vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, and culture. Over 72 languages are available to English speakers and over 21 modules are available to English-as-a-second-language (ESL) learners.
First time users must create a profile in order to access the resource.
Mobile app also available through the App Store (iOS 9.0 or higher), Google Play Store (Android 4.2 or higher), and Amazon App Store (Fire 3rd generation or higher).
- Designed specifically for high school libraries, MAS Ultra School Edition contains full text for hundreds of popular high school magazines covering a wide-range of subject areas including history, science, careers and much more.
- MasterFILE Premier contains full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more. This database also contains full text more than 500 reference books, over 107,000 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of over 510,000 photos, maps & flags.
- MayoClinic.com offers users intuitive, easy-to-access tools such as "Symptom Checker" and "First-Aid Guide" for fast answers about health conditions ranging from common to complex; as well as more in-depth guides on diseases and conditions, a wealth of healthy living guides, blogs, expert answers, videos, animations, and tests and procedures.
- This database contains full text for a variety of popular middle school magazines. All full-text articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Full text is also available for thousands of biographies and historical essays.
- Children who are bilingual grow up to be adults who can successfully compete in our expanding global economy. For over 30 years, MUZZY BBC has been the #1 language acquisition course for young children. Readers, and non-readers, learn a second language through the same natural immersive method they used when learning their mother tongue.