Databases & Magazines
- An online language-learning system teaching conversational skills with four areas of learning: vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, and culture. Over 72 languages are available to English speakers and over 21 modules are available to English-as-a-second-language (ESL) learners.
First time users must create a profile in order to access the resource.
Mobile app also available through the App Store (iOS 9.0 or higher), Google Play Store (Android 4.2 or higher), and Amazon App Store (Fire 3rd generation or higher).
- MasterFILE Premier contains full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more. This database also contains full text more than 500 reference books, over 107,000 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of over 510,000 photos, maps & flags.
- MayoClinic.com offers users intuitive, easy-to-access tools such as "Symptom Checker" and "First-Aid Guide" for fast answers about health conditions ranging from common to complex; as well as more in-depth guides on diseases and conditions, a wealth of healthy living guides, blogs, expert answers, videos, animations, and tests and procedures.
- Children who are bilingual grow up to be adults who can successfully compete in our expanding global economy. For over 30 years, MUZZY BBC has been the #1 language acquisition course for young children. Readers, and non-readers, learn a second language through the same natural immersive method they used when learning their mother tongue.
- Engages learners with full-text magazines and books, as well as videos and images. With just a few clicks students can explore science, animals, technology, cultures, and history.
- Search full-text current and archived local and state articles on issues, events, people, government and more including the Bay Times (8/2/06-Current), The Capital (1/1/02-Current), Dorchester Star (6/30/06-Current), Kent County News (11/30/06-Current), Record Observer (8/4/06-Current) , Star Democrat (11/16/05-Current), Sunday Star (11/13/05-Current), Times Record (8/2/06-Current) and the Crisfield - Somerset County Times (1/3/07-Current).