All branches are open for 45 minute appointments effective 3/16/2021 for browsing, computer use, notary, faxing or copying to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We will continue to accept your returns at book drops at ALL branch locations.
Books To Go will continue Tuesday - Saturday.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept book donations at this time.
Click here for more information & resources.
Click here for Phase 4 FAQ.
Strategic Plan 2020 - 2023
Wicomico County Public Library Strategic Plan 2020 – 2023
Due to COVID-19 and its impact on the local economy and the long term impact on libraries, this page is subject to change.
Mission: Educate. Innovate. Inspire.
Vision: Wicomico County Public Library is an inclusive, welcoming community resource that strives to meet the diverse needs of all Wicomico County citizens.
Values: Knowledge. Creativity. Service... Helpfulness. Cooperation. Courtesy. Growth. Passion. Dependability. Acceptance. Flexibility. Mindfulness, Inclusion. Accountability.
Goal 1: Mobile Services –Market the Bookmobile Department to emphasize expanded roles in outreach, partnerships, and increasing library usage.
- Complete a customer survey by June 2021 to evaluate customer needs and level of satisfaction with materials and services.
- Identify areas not currently served or underserved by physical branches by December 2021.
- Develop partnerships to expand services at locations outside of the branches by December 2021.
- Explore opportunities for expanding the Mobile Services department by December 2022.
Goal 2: Marketing – Rebrand the Library and provide exposure to services currently offered.
- Establish an internal style guide for marketing materials by March 2021.
- Embark on a public awareness campaign for the Library by December 2021.
- Hire a consultant to rebrand the Library and update the Library’s website by June 2022.
- Update the Library’s website by June 2022.
Goal 3: Human Resources – Develop and retain qualified staff to deliver quality service to the public.
- Evaluate the salary scale and make adjustments in accordance to minimum wage legislation by December 2021.
- Develop a succession plan by December 2021.
- Implement a schedule of in house staff training by December 2021.
- Identify ways to develop a staff culture by December 2022.
Goal 4: Technology – Implement new technology to improve the end user experience and to automate services where possible.
- Dynamic workforce accessibility by January 2021.
- Establish a digital branch by June 2022.
- Increase functionality and usability of all library self-service resources by December 2022.
- Implement at least three new technologies by December 2023.
Goal 5: Facilities – Develop a comprehensive facilities plan that addresses the needs of current facilities and identifies opportunities for new branches.
- Complete a facilities master plan for the Library by June 2021.
Goal 6: Programs – Embark on a comprehensive evaluation of programs and services to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- Develop a revised customer program survey to measure satisfaction and outcomes by March 2020.
- Identify ways to engage the teen population in programs by June 2021.
- Develop a survey to take to outreach events to target non-library users to identify their program needs by June 2021.
- Complete a survey of library users to identify program needs by December 2021.
- Expand Reader Van service to include story times and programs by December 2022.
- Expand outreach to the community by participating in community events and forming partnerships with schools, universities, businesses and nonprofits to better serve a marginalized our most vulnerable populations.
Goal 7: Fundraising – Develop a plan to create sustainable alternative sources of funding for the Library.
- Draft a development plan by December 2021
- Increase Friends of Wicomico Public Libraries membership by 25% by December 2023.
Goal 8: Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Develop a plan to engage EDI principles in all aspects of our operations.
- Establish an EDI Task Force composed of library staff, Board members, and Friends by December 2020.