The library will be closed Monday, January 18, 2021 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
At this time we are not accepting in person computer use, notary, faxing or copying appointments.
We will continue to accept your returns at book drops at ALL branch locations.
Books To Go will continue Tuesday - Saturday.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept book donations at this time.
Click here for more information & resources.
Click here for Phase 3 FAQ.
Strategic Plan 2020 - 2023
Wicomico County Public Library Strategic Plan 2020 – 2023
Due to COVID-19 and its impact on the local economy and the long term impact on libraries, this page is subject to change.
Mission: Educate. Innovate. Inspire.
Vision: Wicomico County Public Library is an inclusive, welcoming community resource that strives to meet the diverse needs of all Wicomico County citizens.
Values: Knowledge. Creativity. Service... Helpfulness. Cooperation. Courtesy. Growth. Passion. Dependability. Acceptance. Flexibility. Mindfulness, Inclusion. Accountability.
Goal 1: Mobile Services –Market the Bookmobile Department to emphasize expanded roles in outreach, partnerships, and increasing library usage.
- Complete a customer survey by June 2021 to evaluate customer needs and level of satisfaction with materials and services.
- Identify areas not currently served or underserved by physical branches by December 2021.
- Develop partnerships to expand services at locations outside of the branches by December 2021.
- Explore opportunities for expanding the Mobile Services department by December 2022.
Goal 2: Marketing – Rebrand the Library and provide exposure to services currently offered.
- Establish an internal style guide for marketing materials by March 2021.
- Embark on a public awareness campaign for the Library by December 2021.
- Hire a consultant to rebrand the Library and update the Library’s website by June 2022.
- Update the Library’s website by June 2022.
Goal 3: Human Resources – Develop and retain qualified staff to deliver quality service to the public.
- Evaluate the salary scale and make adjustments in accordance to minimum wage legislation by December 2021.
- Develop a succession plan by December 2021.
- Implement a schedule of in house staff training by December 2021.
- Identify ways to develop a staff culture by December 2022.
Goal 4: Technology – Implement new technology to improve the end user experience and to automate services where possible.
- Dynamic workforce accessibility by January 2021.
- Establish a digital branch by June 2022.
- Increase functionality and usability of all library self-service resources by December 2022.
- Implement at least three new technologies by December 2023.
Goal 5: Facilities – Develop a comprehensive facilities plan that addresses the needs of current facilities and identifies opportunities for new branches.
- Complete a facilities master plan for the Library by June 2021.
Goal 6: Programs – Embark on a comprehensive evaluation of programs and services to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- Develop a revised customer program survey to measure satisfaction and outcomes by March 2020.
- Identify ways to engage the teen population in programs by June 2021.
- Develop a survey to take to outreach events to target non-library users to identify their program needs by June 2021.
- Complete a survey of library users to identify program needs by December 2021.
- Expand Reader Van service to include story times and programs by December 2022.
- Expand outreach to the community by participating in community events and forming partnerships with schools, universities, businesses and nonprofits to better serve a marginalized our most vulnerable populations.
Goal 7: Fundraising – Develop a plan to create sustainable alternative sources of funding for the Library.
- Draft a development plan by December 2021
- Increase Friends of Wicomico Public Libraries membership by 25% by December 2023.
Goal 8: Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Develop a plan to engage EDI principles in all aspects of our operations.
- Establish an EDI Task Force composed of library staff, Board members, and Friends by December 2020.