All Branches & Bookmobile are CLOSED until further notice, due to COVID-19 health concerns.
This includes meeting rooms and future meeting room reservations.
Please NO Book drops or donations, and fines are waived during this time. Thank you!
Click here for more information & resources
Strategic Plan 2020 - 2023
Wicomico County Public Library Strategic Plan 2020 – 2023
Mission: Innovate. Educate. Inspire.
Vision: Wicomico County Public Library is an inclusive, welcoming community resource that strives to meet the diverse needs of all Wicomico County citizens.
Goal 1: Mobile Services –Market the Bookmobile Department to emphasize expanded roles in outreach, partnerships, and increasing library usage.
• Complete a customer survey by June 2020 to evaluate customer needs and level of satisfaction with materials and services.
• Identify areas not currently served or underserved by physical branches by December 2020.
• Develop partnerships to expand services at locations outside of the branches by December 2021.
• Explore opportunities for expanding the Mobile Services department by December 2022.
Goal 2: Marketing – Rebrand the Library and provide exposure to services currently offered.
• Establish an internal style guide for marketing materials by June 2020.
• Establish a plan for rebranding for the Library by December 2020.
• Update the Library’s website by February 2021.
• Embark on a public awareness campaign for the Library by December 2021.
Goal 3: Human Resources – Develop and retain qualified staff to deliver quality service to the public.
• Evaluate the salary scale and make adjustments in accordance to minimum wage legislation by June 2020.
• Develop a succession plan by December 2020.
• Implement a schedule of in house staff training by December 2021.
• Identify ways to develop a staff culture by December 2022.
Goal 4: Technology – Implement new technology to improve the end user experience and to automate services where possible.
• Establish a digital branch by January 2021.
• Increase functionality and usability of all library self-service resources by December 2022.
• Implement at least three new technologies by December 2023.
Goal 5: Facilities – Develop a comprehensive facilities plan that addresses the needs of current facilities and identifies opportunities for new branches.
• Complete a facilities master plan for the Library by December 2021.
Goal 6: Programs – Embark on a comprehensive evaluation of programs and services to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
• Develop a revised customer program survey to measure satisfaction and outcomes by March 2020.
• Identify ways to engage the teen population in programs by June 2020.
• Complete a survey of library users and non-users to identify program needs by December 2021.
• Expand Reader Van service to include story times and programs by December 2022.
Goal 7: Fundraising – Develop a plan to create sustainable alternative sources of funding for the Library.
• Hire a Development Manager by December 2020.
• Establish a development plan for the Library by December 2021.
• Increase Friends of Wicomico Public Libraries membership by 25% by December 2023.