Wicomico County Public Library Strategic Plan 2020 – 2023
Mission: Innovate. Educate. Inspire.
Vision: Wicomico County Public Library is an inclusive, welcoming community resource that strives to meet the diverse needs of all Wicomico County citizens.
Goal 1: Mobile Services –Market the Bookmobile Department to emphasize expanded roles in outreach, partnerships, and increasing library usage.
• Complete a customer survey by June 2020 to evaluate customer needs and level of satisfaction with materials and services.
• Identify areas not currently served or underserved by physical branches by December 2020.
• Develop partnerships to expand services at locations outside of the branches by December 2021.
• Explore opportunities for expanding the Mobile Services department by December 2022.
Goal 2: Marketing – Rebrand the Library and provide exposure to services currently offered.
• Establish an internal style guide for marketing materials by June 2020.
• Establish a plan for rebranding for the Library by December 2020.
• Update the Library’s website by February 2021.
• Embark on a public awareness campaign for the Library by December 2021.
Goal 3: Human Resources – Develop and retain qualified staff to deliver quality service to the public.
• Evaluate the salary scale and make adjustments in accordance to minimum wage legislation by June 2020.
• Develop a succession plan by December 2020.
• Implement a schedule of in house staff training by December 2021.
• Identify ways to develop a staff culture by December 2022.
Goal 4: Technology – Implement new technology to improve the end user experience and to automate services where possible.
• Establish a digital branch by January 2021.
• Increase functionality and usability of all library self-service resources by December 2022.
• Implement at least three new technologies by December 2023.
Goal 5: Facilities – Develop a comprehensive facilities plan that addresses the needs of current facilities and identifies opportunities for new branches.
• Complete a facilities master plan for the Library by December 2021.
Goal 6: Programs – Embark on a comprehensive evaluation of programs and services to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
• Develop a revised customer program survey to measure satisfaction and outcomes by March 2020.
• Identify ways to engage the teen population in programs by June 2020.
• Complete a survey of library users and non-users to identify program needs by December 2021.
• Expand Reader Van service to include story times and programs by December 2022.
Goal 7: Fundraising – Develop a plan to create sustainable alternative sources of funding for the Library.
• Hire a Development Manager by December 2020.
• Establish a development plan for the Library by December 2021.
• Increase Friends of Wicomico Public Libraries membership by 25% by December 2023.