MEETING ROOM GUIDELINES
Please note that our meeting room policy changed on October 15, 2019. Reservations will be accepted up to three months in advance. All meeting rooms may only be used Monday - Saturday from 10:00a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Library programs and events take precedence for room use.
- To submit a room reservation, please contact administration for the Paul S. Sarbanes branch at 410-749-3612 x 110.
- Applicants must be age 18 or older or accompanied by an adult.
- Rooms are free to registered non-profit organizations and community groups. Non-profit organizations using rooms for public meetings, board meetings, etc. may use one of the meeting rooms without charge as long as there is no admission fee for their meeting or fundraising activity. Non-profits charging admission for that meeting will be required to pay regular, for-profit rates. The non-profit rate is extended to recognized, community non-profits, churches, schools, community service groups, civic groups and social action groups. Non-profit organizations should be prepared to submit a copy of their 501(c)(3) documentation to Library staff upon request and can reserve the room up to 12 times per year.
- For for-profit groups the fees are: $50 – first 2 hours & $25 – each additional hour. The Library accepts cash, check, money order or credit card for meeting room requests. Payment should be received within 48 hours of the Library receiving your meeting room request. Payments are handled through Administration for the Paul S. Sarbanes Branch.
- Cancellations must be made with 48-hour notice of the date of the reservation for refund. Refunds will be processed within two weeks of cancellation.
- Meeting rooms are not available for purely social gatherings (including but not limited to parties, receptions, and showers); when in the judgment of the Branch Manager the use poses a threat to the life, safety, or property of an individual; or for other activities that may disrupt the Library. NO food is allowed in the meeting rooms.
- Attendance at any meeting may not exceed the room capacity as established by the Fire Marshall.
- By using our meeting rooms, you are agreeing to abide by our meeting room policies. First time meeting room users will need to sign a printed copy of the meeting room policy before entering the meeting room.
- Groups using the meeting rooms are not to leave unattended children in the Library in accordance with the Children’s Use of the Library policy.
- The Library will provide the tables & chairs requested in your reservation. Please include enough time in your reservation to allow for set up and break down of your event. Library staff are not available to set up the room or return the room to its original state following your reservation. Failure to return the room to the original condition may result in the assessment of a cleaning fee of $50 per hour and / or loss of meeting room privileges.
- Please do not block marked fire exits during your reservation.
- Please do not put items in the hallway outside of the meeting room (this includes but is not limited to signs, tables, and chairs).
- No items may be removed from or attached to the meeting room walls.
- Meeting room users agree to abide by the Library’s Customer Rules of Conduct and all applicable state and federal laws.
- The Library offers an LCD projector, DVD player, and Apple TV for use by meeting room customers. Equipment requests should be included in the meeting room reservation form. Staff are not available to set up the equipment for you but you may make arrangements with Library staff in advance to test your equipment. The Library’s equipment is compatible with HDMI and SVGA enabled devices.
- Library staff members may inspect the meeting room at any time for purposes of safety and security. To ensure compliance with meeting room policy, groups using the room may not cover the windows or obstruct the view into the room for any reason. Meeting room doors should remain unlocked while in use.
- Groups of children or teenagers must be supervised by one adult for every ten children.
- Organizations are responsible to see that all materials be removed from the meeting room.
- Individuals or businesses reserving the meeting room will be held responsible for any damages.
- Publicity for a meeting must clearly identify the sponsoring organization. Publicity cannot state or imply that the Library is a sponsor or co-sponsor of a meeting without its express permission. The Library’s phone and/or fax numbers, and e-mail addresses are not to be included in any publicity regarding the meeting. The organization may not list the address of the Library as its official address.
- All programs must conclude 15 minutes before the Library closes.
- Wicomico Public Libraries reserves the right to refuse any booking request that does not comply with this policy. Authorization to use Library facilities does not reflect endorsement by the Library of any program or position of any persons or organizations.
Paul S. Sarbanes Branch Library - Lower Level, 122 S. Division Street
Meeting Room #1:
Capacity: 60 - Standard Fixtures: White Board, Projection Screen, Large Trash Can, Wireless Internet ConnectionMeeting Room #2:
Capacity: 15 - Standard Fixtures: White Board, Projection Screen, Trash Can, Wireless Internet ConnectionMeeting Room #3:
Capacity: 15 - Standard Fixtures: White Board, Projection Screen, Trash Can, Wireless Internet ConnectionMeeting Room #4:
Capacity: 13 - Standard Fixtures: White Board, Large Trash Can, Wireless Internet ConnectionMeeting Room #5: NOT AVAILABLE
Capacity: 13 - Standard Fixtures: White Board, Large Trash Can, Wireless Internet ConnectionMeeting Room #6:
Capacity: 3 - Standard Fixtures: White Board, Large Trash Can, Wireless Internet ConnectionMeeting Room #8:
Capacity: 90 - Standard Fixtures: White Board, Large Trash Can, Wireless Internet Connection
Note: There is occasional foot traffic in this room accessing restrooms and offices.