STEAM Instructor - Part Time
TITLE: STEAM Instructor (Part-time)
DATE: May 1, 2019
REPORTS TO: Centre Branch Manager
Job Summary: Develop and present STEM programming for all library locations.
1. Instructor will be responsible for preparation of STEM programming for Wicomico Public Libraries. This includes creating and scheduling programs, setting up, conducting and cleaning up each session and tracking statistical information for the Events and Program Manager. This also includes confirming that events are posted to the library’s online calendar, rooms are reserved and supplies are available and stored properly.
2. Coordinator will report to the Centre Branch Manager and work with the Events and Program Manager to see that all programs are well-rounded, interesting activities that builds on established STEAM principles, encouraging students to be engaged, display creativity and develop problem solving skills.
3. Coordinator is responsible for seeing the program evaluations are completed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Desire to work with children in a creative atmosphere. Excellent customer service and communication skills, an ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work requirements. Back ground checks will be maintained for all staff/volunteers working with children.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalency, some college preferred.
2. Working knowledge of computer languages, C++, python.
3. Working knowledge of computer hardware, CompTia A+ certification preferred.
4. Basic knowledge of robotics, LEGO Mindstorms, Vex.
5. Basic knowledge of LEGO construction.
6. Basic understanding of computer games.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Requires ability to lift up to 30 lbs. Activities may require extended standing time, ability to bend, squat and to work with young children.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.