Reader Van Coordinator - Full Time
Wicomico Public Library is seeking an individual to work as a full-time Reader Van Coordinator. This position requires making van stops to various child care homes and centers and performing duties as a backup bookmobile assistant. A successful candidate must have the ability to work with children, the public and educational organizations.
Interested parties should attach a cover letter, a complete resume, and at least three references in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application packets can be sent to:
Wicomico Public Library
122 S. Division Street
Salisbury, MD 21801
Applications received by March 23, 2019, will receive first priority. Wicomico Public Library – an Equal Opportunity Employer
TITLE: Reader Van Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Mobile Services Manager
Job Summary: Develop, maintain, and deliver portable totes to local child care homes and centers.
Perform duties as backup Bookmobile Assistant.
1. Responsible for compiling activities and creating new totes that include theme related books, CD’s, and manipulatives for providers to use throughout the month.
2. Inspect and maintain existing totes to ensure materials are in good shape to re-circulate.
3. Efficiently and effectively manage new clients for the Reader Van while developing a delivery schedule.
4. Maintain contacts throughout the community with early childhood committees such as the Judy Center and Wicomico Early Childhood Council.
5. Work as a Bookmobile Assistant performing library functions.
6. Other Duties as Assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent customer service and communication skills, computer skills, ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work requirements.
Specialized knowledge, licenses, etc.: driver’s license, reliable transportation
Preferred - Valid Class B CDL Maryland Driver’s License, excellent driving record. A current copy of Maryland Driver’s License and DOT required.
Must pass criminal and fingerprint background checks.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalency
2. Basic computer skills
3. Minimum of Child Care 1 & 2 coursework
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Position based on Reader Van and Bookmobile. The work involves risks and discomforts that require special safety precautions. Requires ability to shelve, reach, and lift up to 30 lbs, push loaded book trucks and carts, and load books onto and off vehicle. Also requires tolerance for noise, variable weather conditions and limited rest room facilities.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.