All branches of Wicomico Public Libraries will be closing early December 14th, 2018 at 1:00pm
Job Search Center Coordinator
Grade: 3 - Part — Time - 19 — 22 hours per week FLSA: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Adult Services Manager
Job Summary: Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Job Search Center and supervises Job Search Center staff and volunteers.
• Assists clients ln the creation and updating of resumes and cover letters and in seekin6 employment via the Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE) website and other sources at the Downtown, Pittsville, and Centre branches.
• Manages the current Job Search staff and volunteer(s), including scheduling and other assigned duties.
• Compiles weekly and monthly Job Search Center statistics of grant funding purposes.
• Assists the library’s grant writer in applying for yearly funding through the Lower Shore Workforce Alliance and other sources.
• Oversees and assists with weekly one-on-one classes Koi job seekers.
• Assembles local employers and collaborate with other staff members to make the bi- annual job fair a reality.
• Seeks, coordinates, and assists community outreach opportunities.
• Assesses current Job Search Center offerings and needs and looks for ways to address deficiencies with the Adult Services Manager.
• Basic computer skills, including conducting Internet and database searches, navigating the MWE and employment websites, online job applications, and creating resumes, cover letters, and other documents on Microsoft Word.
• Ability to scan and fax job applications and other employment-related documents.
• Ability to work effectively and independently with a diverse population and make sound judgments and decisions.
• Supervising or managing people in the nonprofit or for-profit sector.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent; college degree desired.
2. Instructional experience and public service preferred.