Events & Development Manager
Title: Events & Development Manager
FLSA: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Interested parties should attach a cover letter, a complete resume and at least three references in an email to email@example.com. Application packets can be sent to Wicomico Public Library, Attention Personnel, 122 S Division St. Salisbury, MD 21801
Events & Development Manager
Job Summary: The Events & Development is responsible for providing direct support for Wicomico Public Libraries in creating, coordinating, conducting and evaluating programming for all locations of the Library, as well as building relationships with community leaders to help find outside support for the Library. This position will supervise both the Volunteer Coordinator and the Grants Writer. This position will work with the Communications Manager to promote Library events and fundraising activities. This position will also provide support for the Library, the Friends of the Library and the Library Foundation for all events, providing access to all the resources of the Library to assure quality outcomes.
Programs & Events
• Provides operational and logistical support for all library programs and events, including Summer Reading.
• Works with various Library departments to create and implement a regular schedule of educational, cultural and life enriching workshops for various ages.
Conducts evaluations to ensure that programs meet the Library’s quality standards. Assists with the creation and implementation of an evaluation program.
• Assists individual departments with creating programs or events.
• Creates and implements program procedures, including a process for updating existing programs.
• Works with the Communications Manager to promote Library programs.
• Supervises the Volunteer Coordinator.
• Collaborates with various departments to address the logistical needs for each program.
• Participates in various program planning committees, including but not limited to: One Maryland One Book, Wicomico County Fair Education Committee, Fresh Start, Salisbury Chamber of Commerce Education Committee.
Manages the program budget, including submitting program supply orders and reconciling receipts.
Develops and maintains relationships with outside community partners to help raise funds for the library.
Acts as the primary staff liaison to the Friends of Wicomico Public Libraries and the Library Foundation, supporting annual and special events and fundraising efforts.
• Researches funding opportunities and assists with writing grants.
Supervises the Grant Writer.
Plans and executes all Library fundraising events.
• Maintains and updates records and files reports, as required.
• Responsible for gathering and reporting statistical data on workshops and classes to the Executive Director and Board.
• As part of the Management Team, participates in planning, program development, partnership cultivation and writing policies and procedures. Works with other Team members to promote open communication and develop innovative ways to serve the Library community.
• Perform other duties, tasks and special projects, as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
2. Ability to work as part of a team, providing leadership and support
3. Strong project management skills
4. Two to four years of experience in a public or customer service position
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills
6. Strong interpersonal & organizational skills
7. Ability to meet deadlines and work with minimum direct supervision
8. Clean driving record
Requires the ability to work alternate schedules, including early morning, evenings, and weekends.
Education and Experience:
1. Four-year degree in project management, educational programming, hospitality, or related field
2. Two to three years of experience in a public or customer service position
3. One to two years of fundraising and development experience
4. Word, Excel, Access, Internet and Email skills
Supervisory responsibility: Volunteer Coordinator, Grant Writer
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and listen. Occasionally, the employee will need to stand, walk, and lift items.
Work is conducted in a normal office setting which provides comfortable lighting and climate. Frequent lifting (up to 50 pounds) is required.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job