All library branches will re-open October 13 by appointment only to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We will continue to accept your returns at book drops at ALL branch locations.
Books To Go will continue Tuesday - Saturday.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept donations at this time.
Click here for more information & resources.
Click here for Phase 3 FAQ.
Communications & Marketing Manager
FLSA: Full-time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: Develops and leads all public relations and marketing activities for Wicomico Public Libraries. Supports the Executive Director, Board, Foundation and Friends in increasing community awareness of Library programs and services, responsible for brand identity, external communications, quality of publications and overall marketing plan.
1.Oversees and coordinates all Library public relations efforts in alignment with the Library's strategic planning priorities
2.With the Executive Director and senior management, determines marketing & public relations priorities and goals, oversees development and implementation of marketing plan and sees that goals are met
3.Develops relationships with community partners and represents the Library with these partners
4.Creates and maintains the Library's Style Manual and sees that all print and electronic communications are aligned to these standards. Arranges for training of staff in the application of the Manual.
5. Represents the Library at community events including agency & committee meetings, activities, advisory groups, exhibits, festivals, and special events
6. Establishes and maintains contacts with media representatives and makes arrangements for coverage of Library services and events (local television, print media, radio, PAC14, etc.)
7. Serves as spokesperson to the media in the absence of the Executive Director. Fills requests for public information about the Library.
8. Works with the Executive Director, Development & Events Manager and public service managers to ensure a positive Library image within the community
9. Manages the marketing department budget
10. Serves as editor and content creator for the in-house newsletter
11. Responsible for managing the Library's Social Media messages via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Hoot suite and Constant Contact
12. Prepares the Library's Annual Report
13. Offers marketing support to the Library's fundraising and development activities, including the annual giving drive
14. As a member of the liaison team for the Friends of the Library, supports the work of the Friends through PR and Marketing
15. Must compete LATI certification 2 years from hire.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
" Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
" Knowledge of marketing & branding techniques, practices, and trends
" Proficient with computer and design software
" Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Hoot Suite and Constant Contact
" Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
" Ability to multi-task and prioritize
" Knowledge of communication media, including video, audio, print and web page
" Ability to work independently and as part of a team
" Commitment to professionalism in all aspects of work and to providing excellent customer service
" Ability to organize and interpret demographic, financial, and other statistical data
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Graphic Design or other related field required
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience in community relations, public relations, graphic design and / or social media marketing
Preferred Qualifications: proficiency in web design software (Drupal); video and photo editing
Supervisory responsibility: Volunteers
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Position based at Downtown Library. Travel required among branches/outlets, continuing education, meetings, community events, public appearances, and related activities. Evening and weekend hours as needed. Must be able to lift materials of approximately 25 lbs.
Please send a PDF of your cover letter, resume and samples (3-5 samples) to firstname.lastname@example.org or can be mailed to Wicomico Public Libraries, Attn: Personnel, 122 S. Division Street, Salisbury, MD 21801
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.