Communications Manager - Full Time
Wicomico Public Libraries seeks an individual to develop and lead all public relations and marketing activities. This individual works with Library leadership to increase community awareness of Library programs and services, manage brand identity, facilitate external communications, assure an excellent quality of publications and manage the overall marketing plan for the Library and Foundation.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the importance of marketing and public relations to a growing and vital community organization. They will have experience in graphic design and print layout and an ability to connect with the local community. A strong public service background, a desire to promote the library as an organization and the willingness to work within a strong team environment is highly desired. A generous benefit package, including health care and retirement are included.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references as well as a copy of 3 unique samples of their work in PDF format via email to Personnel@wicomico.org. Please put “Communications Manager” in the subject line. Application packets will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found, however those received before September 17, 2018 will receive first priority consideration. Questions can be directed to Human Resources Manager, Wicomico Public Libraries.
Title: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER Grade: 8
FLSA: Full-time Non-Exempt
Date: 8/28/2018 update
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: Develops and leads all public relations and marketing activities for Wicomico Public Libraries. Supports the Executive Director, Board, Foundation and Friends in increasing community awareness of Library programs and services, responsible for brand identity, external communications, quality of publications and overall marketing plan.
1. Oversees and coordinates all Library public relations efforts in alignment with the Library’s strategic planning priorities
2. WiththeExecutiveDirectorandseniormanagement,determinesmarketing&public relations priorities and goals, oversees development and implementation of marketing plan and sees that goals are met
3. Develops relationships with community partners, represents the Library with these partners
4. Creates and maintains Library Style Manual and sees that all print and electronic communications are aligned to these standards. Arranges for training for staff in application of the Manual.
5. RepresentstheLibraryatcommunityeventsincludingagency&committee meetings, activities, and advisory groups, exhibits, festivals, and special events
6. Establishes and maintains contacts with media representatives, makes arrangements for coverage of Library services and events (local television, print media, radio, PAC14, etc.)
7. Serves as spokesperson to the media as needed; Is responsible to see that requests for public information about the Library are filled
8. Works with Executive Director, Program & Events Manager and Public Service Managers to insure a positive Library image within the community
9. Manages marketing budget
10.Creates and collects content for and edits the in-house newsletter 11.Responsible for supervising the Library’s Social Media messages via Facebook,
Twitter, YouTube, etc.as well as use of Constant Contact
12.Coordinates preparation of the Library’s Annual Report and Annual Giving Drive 13.Is a member of the liaison team for the Friends of the Library, supports the work of the Friends through PR and marketing
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
▪ Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
▪ Knowledge of marketing techniques, practices, and trends
▪ Above average computer literacy
▪ Ability to multi-task and prioritize
▪ Knowledge of communication media, including video, audio, print, web page
▪ Ability to work independently and as part of a team
▪ Commitment to professionalism in all aspects of work and to providing excellent customer service
▪ Ability to organize and interpret demographic, financial, and other statistical data
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Graphic Design or similar emphasis required
2. Minimum of 2 years community relations, public relations, or fundraising related experience
Specialized knowledge, licenses, etc.: knowledge of graphic design software, understanding of marketing and public relations.
Supervisory responsibility: Part-time Communications Assistant, Part-time graphic designer, Volunteers
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Position based at Downtown Library. Travel required among branches/outlets, continuing education, meetings, community events, public appearances, and related activities. Evening and weekend hours as needed. Must be able to lift materials of approximately 25 lbs.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.