Circulation Assistant - Part Time
Location: Downtown Library, Wicomico Public Library.
Part time – up to 14 hours per week includes night and weekend
Reports to: Circulation Supervisor
Provides quality customer services as part of the Circulation Staff Essential Functions:
1. Prepares books and materials for re-shelving and re-shelves all library materials
2. Shelf reads and straightens all library materials
3. Empties book bins
4. Searches for missing material
5. Answer basic direction question (Where are . . . DVDs, copier, large print, etc.)
6. Refers information questions to a Reference service desk
7. Troubleshoots copier in public area
8. Process documents received from the public to be faxed
9. Handles special individual jobs as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of alphabet and number order, ability to learn Dewey decimal classification system, ability to follow instructions, excellent verbal and communication skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
Specialized knowledge, licenses, etc.: None
Supervisory responsibility, if any: None
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalency or presently a high school senior working towards said degree.
2. No experience required
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Position based at Main Library. Ability to reach, bend, push, shelve, and lift a minimum of 30 pounds in non-strenuous work and/or continual standing or walking.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested parties should attach a cover letter, a complete resume and at least three references in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application packets can be sent to
Wicomico Public Library
122 S. Division St. Salisbury, MD 21801