The library will be closed Monday, January 18, 2021 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
At this time we are not accepting in person computer use, notary, faxing or copying appointments.
We will continue to accept your returns at book drops at ALL branch locations.
Books To Go will continue Tuesday - Saturday.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept book donations at this time.
Click here for more information & resources.
Click here for Phase 3 FAQ.
Circulation Assistant II - Full Time
REPORT TO: Circulation Supervisor
Job Summary: Provides circulation related customer services as part of the Circulation staff.
- Checks materials in/out and renews library material
- Registers borrowers and updates borrowers records
- Handles cash/credit transactions and is accountable for cash drawer set-up and cash drawer close out accounting
- Answers phone and directs calls
- Refers the public to appropriate desk/area
- Sets up circulation desk
- Informs customers of reserved material and updates reserve shelf
- Folds and stuffs customer bill notices and reserve notices
- Prepares books and materials for re-shelving and re-shelves all library materials
- Empties book drop bins
- Troubleshoots copier in public area
- Process Inter-Library Loan material
- Process documents received from the public to be faxed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail with exceptional accuracy. Ability to follow directions, learn Dewey Decimal classification system.
Specialized knowledge, licenses, etc.: None
Supervisory responsibility, if any: None
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency
- No experience required
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Position based in Main Library. Requires occasional travel between Pittsville, Centre, and Downtown library. Ability to reach, bend, lift up to 30 pounds in non-strenuous work positions and/or continual standing or walking at least 90 percent of the time.
Interested parties should attach a cover letter, a complete resume and at least three references in an email to email@example.com
Application packets can be sent to:
Wicomico Public Library
122 S. Division Street, Salisbury, MD 21801
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.