Circulation Assistant II - Full Time
Wicomico Public Libraries is seeking an individual with strong customer service orientation as a full time Circulation Assistant. This position requires the ability to work with the public, check out materials, handle cash transactions, offer general assistance to library visitors as needed and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma or its equivalent. They will demonstrate a desire to serve the community, an ability to multitask, and the capability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Interested parties should attach a cover letter, a complete resume and at least three references in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application packets can be sent to Wicomico Public Library
Attention Circulation Assistant II
122 S. Division St. Salisbury, MD 21801
Applications received by March 23, 2019 will receive first priority. Wicomico Public Library - an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: CIRCULATION ASSISTANT II
Reports to: Circulation Manager
Job Summary: Provides circulation related customer services as part of the Circulation staff.
1. Checks materials in/out and renews library material
2. Registers borrowers and updates borrowers records
3. Handles cash/credit transactions and is accountable for cash drawer set-up and cash drawer close out accounting
4. Answers phone and directs calls
5. Refers the public to appropriate desk/area
6. Sets up circulation desk
7. Informs customers by mail, email or phone of reserved material and updates reserve shelf
8. Folds and stuffs customer bill notices and reserve notices
9. Prepares books and materials for re-shelving and re-shelves all library materials
10. Empties book drop bins
11. Troubleshoots copier in public area
12. Process Inter-Library Loan material
13. Process documents received from the public to be faxed
14. Handles special individual jobs as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail with exceptional accuracy. Ability to follow directions, learn Dewey Decimal classification system.
Specialized knowledge, licenses, etc.: None
Supervisory responsibility, if any: None
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalency
No experience required
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Position based in Main Library. Ability to reach, bend, lift up to 30 pounds in non-strenuous work positions and/or continual standing or walking at least 90 percent of the time.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.