All branches of Wicomico Public Libraries will be closing early December 14th, 2018 at 1:00pm
Circulation Assistant I - Part Time
Location: Downtown Library, Wicomico Public Library.
Interested parties should attach a cover letter, a complete resume and at least three references in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application packets can be sent to Wicomico Public Library, Attention Personnel, 122 S Division St. Salisbury, MD 21801
Title: Circulation Assistant 1 Grade: 1
FLSA: Part time/Non-Exempt Date: 6/11/14
Reports to: Circulation Manager
Job Summary: Provides quality customer services as part of the Circulation Staff
1. Prepares books and materials for re-shelving and re-shelves all library materials
2. Shelf reads and straightens all library materials
3. Empties book bins
4. Searches for missing materials
5. Handles special individual jobs as assigned
6. Answer basic direction question (Where are . . . DVDs, copier, large print, etc.)
7. Refers information questions to a Reference service desk
8. Checks materials in/out and renews library material
9. Answers phone and directs calls
10. Troubleshoots copier in public area
11. Process documents received from the public to be faxed
12. Registers borrowers and updates borrowers records
13. Handles cash/credit transactions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of alphabet and number order, ability to learn Dewey decimal classification system, ability to follow instructions, excellent verbal and communication skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
Specialized knowledge, licenses, etc.: None
Supervisory responsibility, if any: None
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalency
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Position based at Main Library. Ability to reach, bend, push, shelve, and lift a minimum of 30 pounds in non-strenuous work and/or continual standing or walking.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.