Wicomico Public Libraries - Downtown Branch & Bookmobile will be CLOSED
Sun., Feb. 23 – Tue., Feb. 25 for Major Electrical Work. Normal hours will resume Wednesday 2/26
Centre, Pittsville & Online Services are OPEN
"Crazy Horse" Author and Book Signing Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020 | 5:30 -7:30p.m.
NEW LOCATION: SU Art Galleries - 212 W Main St, Salisbury, MD 21801
Branch Assistant - Pittsville - Part Time
TITLE: Branch Assistant – Pittsville Branch
FLSA: Part time (20 hours) includes nights and weekends (Saturday) work.
REPORTS TO: Pittsville Branch Manager
Job Summary: Provides quality service to all visitors of the branch, assuring an excellent library experience; assists in answering questions, requests and inquiries in person, over the phone or online; provides information regarding all library services and resources; checks materials in and out; maintains collections of materials as assigned.
1. Answering questions and assisting with requests.
2. Maintain a professional, friendly and welcoming library environment.
3. Assists at circulation desk.
4. Assists with collection maintenance, shelf reading and weeding.
5. distributes marketing and informational materials.
6. Checks materials in and out.
7. Fulfills hold requests, process library card registrations, identify overdue materials and collect appropriate fines.
8. Reserve and assigns computers, offers basic instruction on computer use.
9. Assist with creating and administering library programs and events for Adult and Children
10. Records daily library statistics.
11. Answer phone and perform clerical duties.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to multi-task and provide excellent service to all branch visitors;
2. Ability to complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner;
3. Strong communication, interpersonal skills, decision-making and problem-solving skills;
4. Knowledge of library and reference practices and procedures highly desired;
5. Ability to use computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Circulation Systems, electronic databases, e-mail and Internet navigation
6. Comfortable with basic office equipment
If any: may supervise volunteers
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree is desired. High school diploma or post high school
2. Six months to one year of experience in customer service;
3. Or equivalent combination of technical training, and related experience.
Physical and Environmental Conditions: Position based at a branch, may work without a supervisor on site; requires occasional travel between Pittsville, Centre Branch and Downtown Library; requires some evening and weekend hours; ability to reach, bend, lift 30 pounds in non-strenuous work positions, standing or walking at least 75% of the time.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested parties should attach a cover letter, a complete resume and at least three references in an email to email@example.com. Application packets can be sent to Wicomico Public Library, Attention Personnel, 122 S Division St. Salisbury, MD 21801