Branch Assistant - Part Time
TITLE: Branch Assistant
FLSA: Part time (25 hours)
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
Job Summary: Assists Library Visitors with computer and library services participates in planning and implementing classes, and public information activities. Position travels between Main Salisbury, Centre Mall and Pittsville Branch.
1. Assist with the daily operation of a library as directed by Branch Manager. Provides public service at branch; assists members with computer use and library services; enforces library rules and policies
2. Assists customers with computer, printer, fax and copier use.
3. Checks materials in/out and renews library material, registers borrowers and updates borrower’s records.
4. Provides information and registers customers for classes, programs, teaches computer, and children’s classes.
5. Shelves materials and assists with displays
6. May participate in planning classes & activities, preparing publicity materials, and setting up displays.
7. Opens and closes facility, following security procedures.
8. Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must enjoy working with the public, intermediate computer skills (adequate for assisting the public and teaching basic computer and internet use); excellent oral communication skills, ability to work with minimal supervision.
Supervisory responsibility, if any: May supervise adult and teen volunteers
Education and Experience:
1. High School Diploma or equivalency required, post high school or Bachelor’s Degree highly desires.
2. Customer Service experience required, Library experience highly desired.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Position based at Pittsville, Centre and Downtown branch, may work without a supervisor on site; requires travel between Pittsville, Centre branch and Downtown Library; requires some evening and weekend hours; ability to lift @ 20 pounds (moving monitors and computer equipment)
Interested parties should attach a cover letter, a complete resume and at least three references in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application packets can be sent to Wicomico Public Llibrary, Attention Personnel, 122 S. Division Street, Salisbury, MD 21801
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found, however applications received by February 28th, 2019 will receive first priority. Wicomico Public Libraries – an Equal Opportunity Employer