The library will be closed Monday, January 18, 2021 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
At this time we are not accepting in person computer use, notary, faxing or copying appointments.
We will continue to accept your returns at book drops at ALL branch locations.
Books To Go will continue Tuesday - Saturday.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept book donations at this time.
Click here for more information & resources.
Click here for Phase 3 FAQ.
Administrative Assistant – Part Time
Wicomico Public Libraries seeks an experienced Administrative Assistant – Part-time, to support the Executive Director and Head Administrator in facilitating the efficient operation of the library. Duties include scheduling, Library Board and staff meeting logistics, reception and customer service. This position requires mastery of Microsoft products, quality writing skills, an ability to multitask and meet deadlines, problem solving skills and desire for quality customer relations. The successful candidate will demonstrate the desire to produce quality work, a strong attention to detail, and a professional attitude. The ability to work independently, display incentive and a willingness to work as part of a team is highly desirable.
1. Performs high-level confidential administrative support for Executive Director and Head Administrator and/or other assigned managers;
2. Prepares Library Board packages prior to Board meetings, sets up meeting room for Library Board meeting, records and transcribes meeting minutes;
3. Creates and maintains official Library files regarding, vendors, contracts , and correspondence;
4. Purchases office supplies, refreshments, for meeting and employee functions.
5. Troubleshoots office equipment. Maintains copiers, postage, and fax machines.
6. Maintains parking permits list
7. Updates policy and procedure manuals, emergency phone lists, and various contact information as assigned or needed.
8. Coordinates gathering and reporting of Library usage statistics; maintains statistics spreadsheet
9. Answers phones and responds to questions or direct calls to appropriate person; greets and directs visitors;
10. Reserves and cancels meeting rooms and prints daily meeting room schedule.
11. Explains Library policies and procedures to customers as appropriate
12. Manages the Office Supply budget.
13. Coordinates staff meetings and in charge of room/refreshment set up.
14. Responsible to know tasks of the Safety Representative, attends Risk Management Meeting
15. Maintains databases for Library, including donor database and Friends membership database.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of office procedures
2. Ability to provide excellent customer service
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality;
4. Ability to provide guidance to other staff members;
5. Strong Communication, organization and conflict resolution skills;
6. Strong time management and multi-tasking abilities;
7. Ability to use independent judgment to develop and implement ideas;
8. Ability to operate relevant computer systems including hardware and software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, and internet navigation in addition to other office equipment.
Education and Experience
1. Associates Degree or two years of formal training beyond high school required.
2. Additional course work in accounting and/or secretarial/administrative skills preferred;
3. Three to five years of related administrative experience;
4. Or equivalent combination of technical training, and related experience
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is conducted in a normal setting which provides comfortable lighting, temperature and air condition. Occasional lifting, such as three to four reams of paper, four or five books, or other materials (up to 20 pounds) may be required.
Interested parties should attach a cover letter, a complete resume and at least three references in an email to email@example.com.
Application packets can be sent to:
Wicomico Public Library
122 S. Division St. Salisbury, MD 21801