The library will be closed Monday, January 18, 2021 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
At this time we are not accepting in person computer use, notary, faxing or copying appointments.
We will continue to accept your returns at book drops at ALL branch locations.
Books To Go will continue Tuesday - Saturday.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept book donations at this time.
Click here for more information & resources.
Click here for Phase 3 FAQ.
From its beginning in 1869, as a private institution in rented space, our library has grown in size, stature and service. In 1927, Wicomico County made it an official, tax-supported public service free to all residents. And since that time, the
library has grown to where we can boast of the following:
- 55% of Wicomico County residents have a library card.
- More than 650,000 items are checked out each year.
- Library services are available at downtown library and two branches.
- Your bookmobile travels the entire county, four days a week.
Being a Friend shows your commitment to the library, its programs, and services. Your friendship demonstrates to community leaders a continuing base of support.
The Friends of the Wicomico Public Library support the library:
- Through fundraising & advocacy.
- By raising awareness of the Library as a community educational institution.
- By helping to provide events that are of interest to a diverse community.
What Friends Do:
- Send letters of support for the library.
- Attend council meetings
- Host book sales
- Purchase furniture and other needed items for the Library
- Sponsor events and programs
All Friends membership levels include a discount at our biannual book sales and 2 free items from the BookShelf.
- Bookworm (Individual) $15
- Book Collectors (Family) $25
- Book Lover $50
- Bestseller $100
If you wish to become a friend please download and fill out our brochure. Choose your level of membership and please make checks payable to Wicomico Public Libraries and put "Friends Membership" in the memo line.