All branches are open by appointment only for computer use, notary, faxing or copying to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We will continue to accept your returns at book drops at ALL branch locations.
Books To Go will continue Tuesday - Saturday.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept book donations at this time.
Click here for more information & resources.
Click here for Phase 3 FAQ.
From its beginning in 1869, as a private institution in rented space, our library has grown in size, stature and service. In 1927, Wicomico County made it an official, tax-supported public service free to all residents. And since that time, the
library has grown to where we can boast of the following:
- 55% of Wicomico County residents have a library card.
- More than 650,000 items are checked out each year.
- Library services are available at downtown library and two branches.
- Your bookmobile travels the entire county, four days a week.
Being a Friend shows your commitment to the library, its programs, and services. Your friendship demonstrates to community leaders a continuing base of support.
The Friends of the Wicomico Public Library support the library:
- Through fundraising & advocacy.
- By raising awareness of the Library as a community educational institution.
- By helping to provide events that are of interest to a diverse community.
What Friends Do:
- Send letters of support for the library.
- Attend council meetings
- Host book sales
- Purchase furniture and other needed items for the Library
- Sponsor events and programs
All Friends membership levels include a discount at our biannual book sales and 2 free items from the BookShelf.
- Bookworm (Individual) $15
- Book Collectors (Family) $25
- Book Lover $50
- Bestseller $100
If you wish to become a friend please download and fill out our brochure. Choose your level of membership and please make checks payable to Wicomico Public Libraries and put "Friends Membership" in the memo line.