All branches of Wicomico Public Libraries will be closing early December 14th, 2018 at 1:00pm
Centre Branch Meeting Room
Wicomico Public Libraries, Centre Branch, has one meeting room for cultural, civic and educational purposes. This meeting room will, to the extent that is legal and consistent with Library policies, be made available to the public on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use. Permission to meet at the Library does not constitute an endorsement of that group’s policies or beliefs.
Non-Profit Organizations: Non-profit organizations holding rooms for public meetings, board meetings, etc. may use the meeting room without charge; provided there is no admission fee for their meeting. Non-profits charging admission for that meeting will be required to pay regular, for-profit rates. The non-profit rate is extended to recognized, community non-profits only: churches, schools, community service groups, civic groups and social action groups. An organizational name and contact info must accompany all reservations.
For-profit Organizations: The fee for use of the room for a for-profit organization conducting a meeting, training or other event will be $25 for the first two hours and $10 for each additional hour up to 5 hours (available in half hour increments).
Reservations & Cancellations
Meeting rooms can be reserved for use during regular Library hours. Each individual and/or organization should not plan to use the meeting room facilities more than 12 times per year. Reservations may be made for up to 5 hours at one a time. Reservations for a longer time frame will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Reservations may be made up to 3 months in advance. Attendance at any meeting may not exceed 30 people, which is the room capacity as established by the Fire Marshall.
Due to the high volume of meeting room requests, please provide at least 24 hours advanced notice for any cancellations.. Groups that do not provide advanced cancellation notice (“no shows”) on a repeated basis may lose the privilege of using the Library’s meeting room.
• Those using the meeting room may bring light refreshments or arrange for catering. Those reserving a room must provide their own coffee service and equipment. Food or other items left behind will be disposed of at the discretion of the Library. Food or drink should not be carried out of the meeting room into other areas of the Library.
• Each group is responsible for the setup and arrangement of the meeting room.
• The following are strictly prohibited in the Library and the meeting room: alcoholic beverages, smoking, gambling, controlled substances and no open flames.
• With advanced notice the Library can provide the following equipment: LCD projector and a TV/VCR/DVD. Equipment requests should be included in the reservation form and are on a first come, first served basis.
• The person who booked the equipment will be held responsible for any damages or loss of the equipment. The Library does not provide assistance with operating this equipment. The Library’s meeting room has wireless internet access.
• Organizations are responsible for cleaning up the trash when finished and must properly dispose of trash in the containers provided by the Library. Groups that are not responsible in their use of the room will have their reservation privileges revoked and may be charged for cleaning or damages.
We request that you abide by the following rules:
• Applicants must be must be age 18 or older.
• Library staff members may inspect the meeting room at any time for purposes of safety and security. To ensure compliance with meeting room policy, groups using the room may not cover the windows or obstruct the view into the room for any reason. Meeting room doors should remain unlocked while in use.
• Groups of children or teenagers must be supervised by one adult for every ten children.
• Organizations are responsible to see that all materials be removed from the meeting room.
• Individuals or businesses reserving the meeting room will be held responsible for any damages.
• Publicity for a meeting must clearly identify the sponsoring organization. Publicity cannot state or imply that the Library is a sponsor or co-sponsor of a meeting without its express permission. The Library’s phone and/or fax numbers, and e-mail addresses are not to be included in any publicity regarding the meeting. The organization may not list the address of the Library as its official address.
• All programs must conclude 15 minutes before the Library closes.
Wicomico Public Libraries reserves the right to refuse any booking request that does not comply with this policy. Authorization to use Library facilities does not reflect endorsement by the Library of any program or position of any persons or organizations.
Scheduling of meetings sponsored by the Library and the County will take precedence; therefore, it may be necessary, in unusual circumstances, to preempt the booking of another organization. When this happens, the Library will contact the organization as soon as possible. If there was a fee, it will be reimbursed.
Organizations using the meeting rooms must observe the public accommodation provisions of the Library in which it is unlawful “to discriminate against any person in the full use and enjoyment of such public accommodation, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, handicap or disability, use of guide or support animals due to blindness, deafness, or physical handicap or because the user is a handler or trainer of guide or support animals.”
Requests must be approved by the Branch Manager or their designee.
Meeting Room Information
Standard Fixtures: Large Trash Can, Wireless Internet Connection
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees on October 11, 2016