All Branches & Bookmobile are CLOSED until further notice, due to COVID-19 health concerns.
All locations are OPEN for Material Drops and Books To Go - Tue.-Sat. (Click for more info.)
Please NO book donations. Thank you!
Click here for more information & resources
Author Visits & Booksignings
The Library welcomes the chance to provide local authors with space for meeting library customers, signing books, and talking about their work. There is no charge for this service.
• Book talks and signings are an important to the cultural, historic and literary health of a community. They allow the library to be a community center and are therefore welcomed as part of the library’s scope of programming.
• Authors may be offered space in the BookShelf (book store), in a meeting room, or in public areas in the Adult or Youth Services area. Department Managers will determine if space is available and which space is to be used. This selection will be based on public service needs and other activities scheduled. Food may be served but requires pre-approval from a Director.
• The Library will provide space, tables and chairs if needed. It will also post flyers advertising the event and will include it in the library newsletter, provided adequate notice is given and space permits. Visiting authors should not plan on staff being available to monitor displays or assist with refreshments or sale of materials.
• Authors may display, sell, and sign books. Presenters should not plan on the Library acting as a sales agent, nor should the author expect the library to purchase books in bulk to sell for the author.
• Authors are welcome to discuss their work with interested library customers. They may not interfere with regular Library activities or display materials which are not appropriate for a public venue serving all age groups.
• Authors are encouraged to make arrangements for book signing events at least two months in advance by contacting the Programs & Events Manager. With notice, book signing events will be added to the Library’s online program calendar. Authors are welcome to provide the Library with a sign or flyers to put out before the event. All signage is subject to review and approval by the Executive Director.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees: October 2014
Reviewed by Wicomico Public Libraries’ Board of Trustees: February 9, 2016